1. One of the biggest and most common mistakes I often find people making is that they spend their time aimlessly. They are watching TV or sifting through the Internet, sifting through Facebook or just spending their time unproductively. Then they wonder why they can’t get ahead? Wonder why others are successful but not them? Well the answer is simple, the way we spend our time is going to determine the lives that we live. I assure you that people like Oprah, Richard Branson or Elon Musk all have the same 24 hours in a day and are much busier than you or I. Yet they find ways to take on more projects or new businesses because they use their time wisely. They aren’t spending their time idly by, sifting through the channels, wondering what to watch on Netflix next or scrolling up and down on Facebook. Be intentional about your activities, spend your time wisely and don’t kill your success by watching TV and then wondering why you can’t get ahead.
2. One of the mistakes I find that people make is that they are unconscious of the content they put in their minds. They listen, watch and hear stuff that dumps junk into their heads and then they wonder why they can’t come up with ideas or are stuck in a rut. This is a huge mistake because if you feed yourself junk then you’ll produce junk; it’s as simple as that. What we mentally feed ourselves becomes what we think about, which then become our actions. So to start off, you have to feed yourself the right mental foods. Books, Audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.. are ways to feed your mind healthy food.
3. Another common mistake people have is that they are stuck in the past. They are simply unable to get their minds wrapped around new ways of doing business. Doing door-to-door sales or businesses in dying industries is a quick path to failure. Restaurants and used car lots are primary examples of such business; these businesses and industries are saturated. You’ll barely make enough to get ahead because the competition is through the roof. You must leverage the new methods or ways of doing business in the 21st Century. The old ways of doing business will limit your growth because your growth is directly tied to the number of hours you put in a day and the number of people you meet. Doing business in the 21st century requires you to scale whether that is leveraging the web or franchising, scaling is the 21st century way of doing business. If you’re stuck doing business in the 20th century, I have some bad news for you, you’ll be out of business soon.
4. A common mistake people often make is that they view successful people as a cut above the rest. As if they are some mystical person brought down from the heavens. When in actuality the most successful are just normal people who have found the formula for success. The moment we bring them down from the pedestal they are on, we’ll realize that they just simply followed a set of principles that anyone can mimic. EVEN YOU! And yes, EVEN STARTING TODAY! Stop placing people on a pedestal and realize that you are just as capable as them, that with perseverance, knowledge and action you can accomplish the same things they have.
5. This mistake is one that is very common, PEOPLE SIMPLY HAVE NO GOALS. Then they wonder why they cant get ahead. Or why they are stuck in a rut. The solution to this problem is simple, you must have a GOAL. You must have something you’re working towards or else you won’t know how to get to where you want to go. If you haven’t created a GOAL, create one today and start working towards it. You’ll soon realize that everything in your life will start coming together. You’ll also find life more enjoyable when you are working towards something instead of just trying to fill your day with activities just because you are bored. Most people watch TV, go to the bars or do some other useless activities simply because they are bored and don’t know what else to do. Creating a GOAL solves this problem. You will notice you no longer have a need to try to fill your day with useless stuff; your day will now be filled with activities directed towards achieving your goal.
6. One of the last mistakes I often find people make is that they don’t deliberately choose who they surround themselves with. If you don’t choose your surroundings then you wont be forced to grow. You won’t have people that encourage or motivate you to do better than you are currently doing. So don’t make this common mistake, choose your friends wisely and once you do, you’ll find yourself wanting to stretch much more than before.
If you like what you read be sure to either leave a comment below, surf the rest of the site @ www.BillionaireSuccess.com or like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/BillionaireSuccessWithin